Stewart Whaley, J.D. | Partner
Stewart Whaley, originally from Helena-West Helena, Arkansas, co-founded Open Access Law Firm in 2016. Stewart strives to provide aggressive advocacy for our clients.
Primary practice areas include felony and misdemeanor criminal defense, sex offenses and sex offender registry issues; pre and post-incarceration relief, prison consulting, IT privacy and security, and family law.
The government has an army. Shouldn’t you?
The government has unlimited resources, media influence and power. My team provides: aggressive criminal defense, investigation, pre and post-incarceration consulting and relief. We combat criminal charges and the on-going impact of post-conviction, registry and re-entry issues with:
- aggressive legal defense
- law enforcement investigation experience
- incarceration experts
- sex-offender registry professionals and
- paralegal expertise
I am a member of the Arkansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and Pulaski County Bar Association, serve as legal advisor to the Central Arkansas ReEntry Coalition and publish the HelpYourself Resource Directory (a guide and categorical listing of emergency, transitional, and sustaining programs and services available in central Arkansas, including contact information and qualifying criteria).
I look forward to working with you.
Associations & Memberships
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Arkansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Pulaski County Bar Association
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock, William H. Bowen School of Law
Doctor of Law (J.D.) with Honors 2009
Intellectual Property Law Association
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock
B.A. with Honors, Computer Information Systems 2000
- Association of Information Technology Professionals
- Rhodes College
- Kansai Gaidai University, Osaka, Japan
Certificate in Asian Studies
- Arkansas Bar, 2009